Monday, January 7, 2013

Train Ride Home

Tonight's ride was a little more eventful. I saw one of my former students from the after school program I used to run in the homeless shelter. She is all grown up if say around 14 or 15 now but still had the same face. I wanted to talk to her but she was with friends and the last thing I would want to do is embarrass her. It made my heart smile to see her. It always does when I see kids I used to work with and they are doing well. Unfortunately that's not always the case. There was an Asian woman randomly going from empty seat to empty seat when she did this after the 3rd time I realize she was selling bootleg dvd's. At 72nd street a guy gets on with a Yorkie that is barking uncontrollably. Quite a few gentlemen in this train, I've seen 3 different guys give up their seats to women. Overall today was a productive day and I can't wait to get home and dig into my pint of vanilla ice cream and watch what's left of the Knicks game! Hope you have made it home safe!

Goodnight,
The Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment